Saturday, January 26, 2008
This is my first reading challenge and i'm really excited. It is being hosted by The Shady Glade. I'm going to go the extra mile and do the Extra Challenge, I think i'll be able to get all but one of the books in the extra challenge. I'm working on a list right now and as soon as I have one i'll post it here.
1. The Challenge runs from whenever you sign up until April 20th, 2007.
2. Feel free to combine with other challenges.
3. You must read at least one book that covers each of these 9 categories:
Poetry, Drama, or Humor (any of these will work)
Sports, Mystery, Supernatural/Paranormal (any of these will work)
Fantasy or Science Fiction
Classic “juvenile” fiction (first published pre-1920)
4. There can be overlap between categories. For example, if you read a graphic novel that’s fantasy, then it counts for both. Or maybe your audio book is historical fiction. You get the idea. So you may have 9 books on your list, you may not.
5. Only 1 book per author is allowed. This means once you’ve read something by that author, you can’t read another book by the same author.
1. Instead of reading enough books to just cover the above categories, read a total of 25 books.
2. Only read books that you have NOT read for at least the past 5 years (so if you read it 6 years ago, you’re okay).
3. Read as many of these required novels as you can (I have to read them all) and count them towards the 25:
The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle
Shabanu: Daughter of the Wind by Suzanne Fisher Staples
Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
Deathwatch by Robb White
Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Jason’s Gold by Will Hobbs
Life Lists for Teens by Pamala Espeland
Shipwrecked at the Bottom of the World by Jennifer Armstrong
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Hey there everyone, this year I decided that I wanted to start a blog so here goes my first post (yay). My blog will mostly consist of me talking about books I want to read, will read or have already read. I'll proly be posting alot of book reviews and such. I think the first thing I will do is join a book challenge, hopefully it isnt too late. If it isn't i'll be back tomorrow with my book list for the challenge(s).