Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tithe by Holly Black


Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces the sixteen-year-old back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death.

Faeries, pixies, a black knight and a teenage girl stuck in the mix. What more can you ask for? This book was absolutely awesome. I really enjoyed this book, it was an amazing “Modern Faerie Tale”. The characters were all really great and I especially loved Roiben he was so mysterious and a really loyal friend. The story wasn’t exactly what I expected but I really liked that about it, I hate when books are too predictable. The story was great and I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good fairie tale.

This is the first book that I’ve read by Holly Black and I look forward to reading more of her books. I hope to read “Ironside” the sequel to “Tithe” soon. For more information about Holly Black and her other books check out her website.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

this book sounds really good. i'm going to check it out!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I love books that aren't predictable as well. it's always kind of nice. :)

-Lauren

p.s.read the HUGE giveaway blog reviewers post on here please!! Thanksss
and dont' forget to blog about the contest on here too!!

Em said...

I've really enjoyed all of Holly Black's books. I also just got a ARC of a graphic novel that she wrote THE GOOD NEIGHBORS.

I think I liked Ironside better than Valiant but both books were really good.

Rachel said...

Heey. I dont know if you have muffins and books on your link list, but if you do, I changed the URL to 'http://book-junkee.blogspot.com so if you could change it to that. Tahnk you!