Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler


It starts with a phone call. “I’m dying,” a voice tells Dusty. Who is he and how has he gotten her cell number? Dusty wants no part of this strange boy . . . until he begins saying things that only someone who knows her intimately could say—things that lead her to think he knows the whereabouts of her brother, who disappeared over a year ago. Suddenly drawn in, Dusty very much wants to save this boy. Trouble is, she cannot find him. Part human, part spirit, he won’t let himself be found. He is too dangerous, he says. There are mobs of people who agree and who want to see this boy dead . . . and who will hurt anyone who stands in their way.
A gripping, hair-raising mystery about a boy not of this world, and a girl determined to protect him.

How do I describe this book? A mystery, suspense, adventure, or sci-fi? If I had to pick I’d say all of them combined into one really, really good book. From the first sentence you are drawn in and you can’t put the book down until you’ve finished. Tim Bowlers character description was really great and I loved the way he portrayed Dusty she was a great character and I really enjoyed her strong spirit. The only thing that made me kind of sad about the book, is that the guy never really got a name. I like to have a name for all of the characters I read about, but I guess it makes the story good and adds more mystery to it. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys mystery and science fiction books.

Tim Bowler is an amazing author and I look forward to reading more books by him. For more information about Tim Bowler and his books check out his website.

-summary from amazon

6 comments:

Lenore said...

oooh spooky! I like that.

Anonymous said...

Really an amazing book. I could not put it down. I would really reccomend it to all.

ariel said...

I loooove this book. It was amazing. He came up with a concept that no one else ever had. I even got my mother to read it. i give it at least 5 cupcakes.

Mary Ann Daffidils said...

Its sucha wonderful book. My hub gifted it to me on hollowene last year.

Mária said...

I must admit that first 200 pages were boring for me and I kept on reading because I had to (it was probably that I am 26 and the book is for 16 y.o) But after all I started to be interested in and couldn stop to read.I personaly do not believe in such creations like a strange duffel-coat boy but it was rather very interesting stuff and story of one family :)

AlexAnt said...

I got so attached to the character, that i cried in the ending. the book was really good.