Friday, June 13, 2008

Peeled by Joan Bauer


Something’s rotten in the heart of apple country!

Hildy Biddle is a high school reporter eager to stand up for the truth. The trouble is, the town’s biggest story stars…a ghost. Not a very easy interview! This ghost has everyone in a tizzy and the local paper is playing up people’s fears with shocking headlines. Hildy’s determines to stick to the facts and find out who is really threatening her town--but does the truth have a chance of being heard over all the buzz?

Joan Bauer has created a strong main character in Hildy Biddle. I really enjoyed her strength and determination throughout the novel. This was a great mystery novel as well as a great lesson in investigative journalism. I really enjoyed the storyline of this book. I’ve never read anything by Joan Bauer but I liked this book and I look forward to reading more by her.

2 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I think I've read one book by Joan a long time ago, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, this book always pops out to me. The storyline sounds really interesting too. I'll have to check it out then.
Good review!

-lauren

Ink Mage said...

This really wasn't my favorite of Joan Bauer's books, and a lot of other people seem to think so, too. If you liked this, though, you will probably love her other books.

Cool blog! I'm adding you to my link list. :-)