Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Fold by An Na


How far would you go for beauty?

When Joyce’s aunt strikes it rich, she decides it’s time for Joyce to have a makeover. Joyce would love to be as beautiful as her older sister Helen, but is she willing to go under the knife to make it happen? And will changing the way her eyes look really change the way others see her? Especially JFK--John Ford Kang, her seriously dreamy crush?

The Fold was a good book. The premise of the book was really good and I enjoyed that the focus of the book was self-esteem issues and the fact that everyone wants to look a certain way. An Na’s characters are like many teenager girls and they go through the same thing that teens go through everyday. I liked that in the end Joyce realizes that its not all about looks and that everyone is unique and have certain things they don’t like about themselves. The only flaw that I found in the book is that I didn’t get to learn as much about the characters as I would have liked to. Other than that I really enjoyed the book and I look forward to reading more books by An Na.

No comments: