Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

Clio plans to spend the summer working at an art supply store and smooching gorgeous Ollie. However her plans are completely changed when her mom takes a job in the middle of no where in Kansas. Clio has no choice but to spend the summer with her dad. Clio finds herself in the Middle of the Mediterranean Sea, on a yacht with a crew on a mysterious mission.

The Crew includes: her dad; his scary looking girlfriend Julia an archeologist; Aidan , Julia’s cute but arrogant assistant; Martin her dads best friend and Elsa, Julia’s daughter. The Mission is to find an underwater treasure that could be the missing link to a long-lost civilization.

Girl at Sea is a really amazing story. I enjoyed the way that Maureen Johnson made it a romance as well as an adventure. Clio’s character is fun, witty, and stubborn at times, but really awesome. The story was unique and really enjoyable. I love the way everything comes together nicely at the end. I didn't want to book to end, I really wanted to know what happens next in

I can’t wait to read more books my Maureen Johnson. Her new book Suite Scarlett has just been released and I would love to read it soon. =D

2 comments:

Teen Troves said...

I have to admit I did not enjoy Girl at Sea that much. I read it not long after reading MJ's 13 Little Blue Envelopes which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED. I felt GaS fell short of what I was expecting. I'm still looking forward to Suite Scarlett, as I've heard many good things about it, and I plan to go back and read some of her earlier books, but I just wasn't impressed with Girl at Sea.

-Mollie

Elainareads said...

I haven't read 13 Little Envelopes yet but I really want to. I just bought Suite Scarlett and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, I can't wait to read it.