Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Opposite of Invisible by Liz Gallagher

“The Opposite of Invisible” is a short but sweet story about friendship and love. Alice and Jewel have known each other since elementary school. They are best friends who are nearly inseparable and both share a love of art. Alice talks to Jewel about everything., except recently when she has a secret crush on a popular guy at school. Alice begins to realize that she is tired of being unknown; she doesn’t want to be invisible any longer. As she tries to branch out and become a new person, she begins to learn the difference between love and friendship.

This is such a great book that I read it all in one sitting; I just couldn’t put it down. I love Alice’s story, I know that there are many people who go through the same thing that she did. Trying to find your place in life, school, and relationships can be hard. I’m happy to say that I have a friend like Jewel, he is just a friend but I feel that I can relate to Alice. Liz Gallagher did a wonderful job with this book.

“The Opposite of Invisible” was written for young adults but I’m sure that all readers young and older will enjoy this beautiful novel. Liz Galagher’s debut novel is sure to be a great success and I personally can’t wait for more books from her.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I really liked this book! I wish it were longer though...

LIz said...

Thanks, Elaina! I'm so glad that you enjoyed OPPOSITE, and I'm kind of jealous that you have a friend like Jewel in your life. I really appreciate your reading and letting people know about OPPOSITE. I'm hard at work on a companion book!

-- Liz Gallagher